Friday, December 18, 2015

Know it's been awhile

Haven't posted anything in quite some time, but see I'm still getting quite a few views. Thought I would write up my last journal entry. This was the day before I got on the bus to come home.

6-17-15.         Day 57
In Troutville, Va staying at the town park. Did 16.9 trail miles, and a lot of road miles also. Saw a bear again today. He was running down the hill right towards me, thought it would make a cool video till I realized I had better change his direction. Held my trekking poles in the air and clacked them together, which made him veer away. Had the adrenaline going for a bit! Had the shelter last night almost all to myself until Mr. possum decided to visit. Chased him out and he didn't come back. ( that I know of )  Back to Daleville tomorrow and then onto Roanoke to catch a bus home. Did laundry and got a shower here at the fire station today. Troutville is an extremely hiker friendly town. Was pouring earlier when I was highway hiking and a gentleman told me to come get on his porch till it let up.



Well that was the last journal entry I made. I was having the post trail blues. Never wanted to leave the trail until Katahdin, but finaces dictated otherwise.

Heard from my buddy Jerry, that I hiked part of the trail with that he summited on ( I believe it was) Oct.3. Way to go Jerry!

Haven't given up hope of another attempt in 2016. Have to see if I can come up with the funds. Gonna plan for it just in case.

So long for now and I'll keep you updated. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment